Take Action: A Just Recovery for Puerto Rico
On Monday Nov. 13, a chartered boat with needed supplies for a Just Recovery in Puerto Rico will leave Miami. Will supplies you helped buy be on board?
DONATE NOW to support these efforts OR click here to PURCHASE NEEDED SUPPLIES TODAY for our partner on the ground Organización Boricuá, and their allies and partners across the island. (Scroll down for instructions on how to purchase supplies - items must arrive in Miami BY NOV 12)
This campaign is working around the clock to get sustainable resources to Puerto Ricans on the ground-- but we can’t do it without your URGENT help!
Brigades, like the one shown above, will be working on the ground with Organización Boricuá with the donated support and supplies to get farms up and running, repair structures, open access to remote farms, and more!
In response to this humanitarian emergency in Puerto Rico, Climate Justice Alliance (CJA) and UPROSE, joined by It Takes Roots, Grassroots Global Justice Alliance, LEAP and Grassroots International, have launched a national campaign calling for a #JustRecovery for Puerto Rico. Just Recovery is a visionary framework promoted by the environmental justice and labor communities to transition and secure regenerative economies that can create jobs, protect the environment, and lead to resilient communities. Learn more about our vision for a Just Recovery in this op-ed by Elizabeth Yeampierre and Naomi Klein.
On November 12th, CJA, UPROSE, and Greenpeace will join with community organizations in Miami to load a chartered boat with donated supplies bound for Puerto Rico on Nov. 13. A solidarity brigade will arrive later to support Organización Boricuá, our partner on the ground in Puerto Rico.
Get on Board - TAKE ACTION TODAY:
- Join us for upcoming events in Miami and stand in solidarity with Puerto Rico. We’d love to see you there!
Friday Nov. 10, 2017 Our Power Puerto Rico: Art for Climate Justice
Join artists, muralists, and community organizers aboard a Greenpeace ship, the Arctic Sunrise, for an evening of art, activism, and a just recovery for the people of Puerto Rico. Friday’s event will feature several artists including New York City-based artist Crystal Clarity, Miami-based artists Marcus Blake, Xavier Cortada, and Justin Wood, and Orlando-based artist, Caster. In addition to displays, artists and community members will paint banners that will adorn shipping containers headed for Puerto Rico. Supplies include solar panels, sustainable agriculture materials, water purifiers, and bicycles.
- Nov. 12, 2017 Boricua Solidarity for Just Transition: We Are In The Same Boat
Learn about what a just reconstruction effort looks like, to discuss the harmful impact of the Jones Act and the disaster profiteering that is being pushed on Puerto Rico’s debt crisis. We are inviting the community and families to come the historic Greenpeace Arctic Sunrise boat, to enjoy Bomba y Plena and learn about ways to support Puerto Rico over the long term. #OurPowerPR campaign members will also have press availability to talk about the relief aid and a solidarity brigade ready to travel to Puerto Rico to help push for a sustainable rebuilding.
- Donate to the Our Power Puerto Rico Campaign
- Donate Just Recovery supplies online - Supplies must arrive in Miami BY NOVEMBER 12. Here is how you can donate needed supplies:
Click here. Find the
item you would like to purchase. You’ll be asked to take note of our shipping address:
- First name: #JustRecoveryPR
- Last name: Caribbean Shipper
- 10901 NW 146th St., Suite #8, Hialeah Gardens, FL 33018
- Click the blue button “Buy this item from vendor”.
- You’ll be taken directly to the vendor site--follow specific vendor instructions to make purchase.
- Input the shipping address above manually.
- Select delivery that will ensure arrival on or before November 12th.
- The MyRegistry website will ask you if you purchased the item. Please click ‘yes’ if you did so!
- Thank you for supporting a #JustRecovery for Puerto Rico.
- Share on social media. We ask that all our members and allies spread word of the launch of the National Call to Action and inspire their communities to come up with or take part in an action to make our demands resonate. Tag Our Power Campaign on all local activities using #JustRecovery and #OurPowerPR on all platforms for Puerto Rico posts so we can repost them or share them and give your activity as much exposure as possible.
- Be sure to check our Facebook page Tuesday Nov. 6 for a clip of Katia from Organización Boricuá speaking about Just Recovery at COP 23 in Bonn, Germany.